Individual help with Maths
Who is the course aimed at?
People who want to improve their numeracy skills
Course description in brief
Individuals will receive a numeracy assessment to establish their existing skill level and develop a plan to enable them to work towards gaining a nationally recognized numeracy qualification. Course content follows the adult core curriculum for numeracy.
By the end of the course I will have learned:
- Improved numeracy skills
- Gained a nationally recognized qualification
Do I need any skills, experience or qualifications before I join the course?
What equipment will I need for the course?
- None as all course materials and equipment will be supplied by Swarthmore
What materials will I need for the course?
What activities will I take part in and how will my course be structured?
Each student will be assessed and work from their own strengths, at their own pace in a non challenging supportive teaching environment. Course covers all aspects of the national curriculum
- Measures, shape & space
- Handling Data
What will be expected of me in terms of personal or time commitment?
- To attend regularly and complete your individual learning plan
- Be punctual
- Be respectful of others
How will my learning be assessed and reviewed?
Through discussion with the tutor.
What could I go on to do after I have finished the course?
- Progress to next qualification level
How will I say what I think about the course?
- Through a confidential feed back form.
- Through talking with the Tutor.
Available timetables for this course
Please make a note of the course Ref for the course you are interested in.
|Course Ref||Hours per week||Days(s)||Time||Course Dates||Costs|
|F106||2||Thursday||10am – 12pm||2 Nov 2017 to 21 Jun 2018 (26 weeks)||Free course £0.00 (funder_code:F)|
|L108||2||Thursday||1pm – 3pm||21 Sep 2017 to 21 Jun 2018 (31 weeks)||Free course £0.00 (funder_code:L)|
|F103||2||Monday||1pm – 3pm||6 Nov 2017 to 25 Jun 2018 (25 weeks)||Free course £0.00 (funder_code:F)|
|F102||2||Monday||10am – 12pm||6 Nov 2017 to 25 Jun 2018 (25 weeks)||Free course £0.00 (funder_code:F)|
Swarthmore provides a variety of courses some of which are subsidised by public funding.
Courses with course codes pre-fixed by a letter ‘F’, ‘L’ or ‘N’ are subsidised and have age restrictions.
- ‘F’: courses are accredited and are funded by the ‘Skills Funding Agency’ for those aged 16 and over.
- ‘L’ & ‘N’ courses for those aged 19 and over.
- ‘L’ courses are supported by Leeds City Council for Leeds Metropolitan area residents, priority given to those living in disadvantaged areas, people not in employment and/or in receipt of benefits, those with low skills, no qualifications, disadvantaged groups or individuals with specific needs e.g. lone parents, BAME groups, adults with LDD.
For information funding and eligibility see the ‘costs’ page.
Unless stated otherwise - all courses take place at Swarthmore Education Centre Leeds
To enrol in a course complete the enrolment form on the download page using the correct course reference (Course Ref) from above.