Careers Advice & Guidance
One to One Service
Swarthmore provides impartial, high-quality information and advice about learning and progression opportunities both within the centre and in the wider local community. In addition the service enables you to gain access to support to help you make choices about skills, careers, work and life. You can get help for revamping your CV, filling out that dreaded application forms, dealing with interviews and deciding on next steps.
- Confidential interviews with well trained and qualified workers
- Advisers can help you find relevant information on training courses or further study
- They can also support career progression and discuss work opportunities
- Verbal and printed information available from Reception about Swarthmore courses
- Signposting or referrals to other agencies who might be able to help you further
FREE: Work Club
Drop in sessions that give support in looking for employment. With the support of qualified advisers you can gain support in job search, improving CV, interview skills.
Every Wednesday 1pm – 3pm (available throughout the year)
Information access points
We have 2 main areas where you can access information and advice:
- Verbal and printed information about Swarthmore courses
- Book an appointment with one of our Careers Advice and Guidance Workers
Information Access Point in the coffee bar (including community notice boards)
- A wide range of local learning and job opportunities
- Information about local events & activities
- Range of local volunteering opportunities
Please contact reception to make an appointment on the following number:
+44 0113 243 2210
Alternatively, fill out the form below to book an appointment and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your booking:
Please complete the form on this page and a short message below and we will try to answer your query as soon as possible.