This French course is suitable for those who have already completed three terms of study
Who is the course aimed at?
Those who want to improve their basic conversational French with a some grammar to help things along.
Course description in brief
This course aims to make learning French both accessible and fun.
You will get to grips with some grammar including different tenses and tackle topics such as: travelling in France, timetables, booking rooms, restaurant reservations, years, numbers, leisure activities etc. The course is very flexible and anything you particularly wish to learn about can be added to the itinerary.
By the end of the course I will have learned:
- To get a feel for the French language and culture.
- To have fun while improving your oral and written skills.
- To become enthused and want to take their learning further.
- To improve fluency in both speaking and thinking.
- To be confident to practice new skills in front of an audience.
- To imitate accent and try to reproduce it accurately.
Do I need any skills, experience or qualifications before I join the course?
A good basic knowledge of French.
What equipment will I need for the course?
Pen and paper
What materials will I need for the course?
What activities will I take part in and how will my course be structured?
Speaking and listening activities predominantly with some written work for homework. Lots of role play and discussion opportunities to practice relevant topics.
What will be expected of me in terms of personal or time commitment?
To arrive punctually and regularly to sessions. To ring and inform the centre in case of absence.
How will my learning be assessed and reviewed?
Weekly tracking sheets and individual feedback.
What could I go on to do after I have finished the course?
Progress further by signing up to another session of Improvers’ French.
How will I say what I think about the course?
Weekly tracking sheet and learner feedback questionnaires at the end of the 10 weeks.
Available timetables for this course
Please make a note of the course Ref for the course you are interested in.
|Course Ref||Hours per week||Days(s)||Time||Course Dates||Costs|
|L434a||2||Thursday||10am – 12pm||27 Sep to 6 Dec 2018 (10 weeks)||Full rate £65.00; R rate £21.00; A rate £5.00 (funder_code:L)|
Swarthmore provides a variety of courses some of which are subsidised by public funding.
Courses with course codes pre-fixed by a letter ‘F’, ‘L’ or ‘N’ are subsidised and have age restrictions.
- ‘F’: courses are accredited and are funded by the ‘Skills Funding Agency’ for those aged 16 and over.
- ‘L’ & ‘N’ courses for those aged 19 and over.
- ‘L’ courses are supported by Leeds City Council for Leeds Metropolitan area residents, priority given to those living in disadvantaged areas, people not in employment and/or in receipt of benefits, those with low skills, no qualifications, disadvantaged groups or individuals with specific needs e.g. lone parents, BAME groups, adults with LDD.
For information funding and eligibility see the ‘costs’ page.
Unless stated otherwise - all courses take place at Swarthmore Education Centre Leeds
To enrol in a course complete the enrolment form on the download page using the correct course reference (Course Ref) from above.