Introduction to Yoga to help you begin to understand and enjoy the physical and mental benefits of practising Yoga.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who want to practice Yoga
Course description in brief
Yoga is a gentle form of exercise that focuses on alignment and breath control. Paying attention to breathing helps you relieve stress and relax.
By the end of the course I will have learned:
- Some yoga poses that will support your health and well being
Do I need any skills, experience or qualifications before I join the course?
What equipment will I need for the course?
A sticky mat, blocks and belts will be provided. It is useful to bring a blanket.
Wear loose fitting clothes
Other Information I might need to know:
• It is not advisable to eat directly before a class. The guidelines are:
4 hours after a heavy meal before practising
2 hours after a light meal before practising
• The Tutor needs to be aware of any medical problems you may have
What activities will I take part in and how will my course be structured?
Yoga postures will be demonstrated, then verbal instruction will be given so you can do the postures.
The tutor may manually adjust you to help you get the correct alignment.
What will be expected of me in terms of personal or time commitment?
How will my learning be assessed and reviewed?
This is a taster course. The tutor will take group feedback at the end of the session.
What could I go on to do after I have finished the course?
Dru Yoga Course
Iyengar Yoga Course
You can meet with our student adviser who can tell you about other exercise and health &Well Being classes available at Swarthmore.
How will I say what I think about the course?
You can give the tutor verbal feedback to the tutor.
Available timetables for this course
Please make a note of the course Ref for the course you are interested in.
|Course Ref||Hours per week||Days(s)||Time||Course Dates||Costs|
|802b||1.5||Wednesday||5:45 PM – 7:15 PM||Dates TBC (1 Sessions)||£6|
|802c||1.5||Wednesday||5:45 PM – 7:15 PM||Dates TBC (1 Sessions)||£6|
|802a||1.5||Wednesday||5:45 PM – 7:15 PM||18 Sep 2019 to 18 Sep 2019 (1 Sessions)||£6|
Swarthmore provides a variety of courses some of which are subsidised by public funding.
Courses with course codes marked by ‘LCC’ and ‘CityC’ are subsidised and have age restrictions.
- ‘LCC’ and ‘CityC’ courses for those aged 19 and over.
- ‘LCC’ courses are supported by Leeds City Council for Leeds Metropolitan area residents, priority given to those living in disadvantaged areas, people not in employment and/or in receipt of benefits, those with low skills, no qualifications, disadvantaged groups or individuals with specific needs e.g. lone parents, BAME groups, adults with LDD.
For information funding and eligibility see the ‘costs’ page.
Unless stated otherwise - all courses take place at Swarthmore Education Centre Leeds
To enrol in a course complete the enrolment form on the download page using the correct course reference (Course Ref) from above.