Costs are shown alongside each course in the brochure with concession rates in brackets e.g. £59 (R: £45 A: £25)
Enrolment onto ‘F’ ‘L’ or ‘N’ courses
The following information is for people wishing to enrol on funded courses pre-fixed by a letter ‘F’, ‘L’ or ‘N’.
These courses are subsidised through public funding.*
Advice and guidance is essential. Please contact the Centre for more information about these courses or to arrange an appointment.
- ‘F’ courses for age 16 plus (working in partnership with ODALC)
- ‘L & N’ courses for 19 year olds and over
- ‘L’ courses are supported by Leeds City Council for Leeds Metropolitan area residents, priority given to those living in disadvantaged areas, people not in employment and/or in receipt of benefits, those with low skills, no qualifications, disadvantaged groups or individuals with specific needs e.g. lone parents, BAME groups, adults with LDD.
*Eligibility rules apply for the above funded courses.
Eligible those ordinarily resident in the UK with no restrictions under immigration laws on periods of stay. Contact the Centre for more information about these courses or to arrange an appointment. Those who have been in the country less than 3 years will need to bring passport and other relevant documents e.g. marriage certificate.
Please note: You may enrol on up to two ‘L’ courses. For any additional courses you may be able to join a waiting list.
Concessions may be available in the following circumstances. You will need to provide recent evidence when you enrol.
Important: refer to grid to find if a concession is available on your course. If you meet the criteria and wish to claim a concession you must provide recent evidence as detailed below each time you enrol. If you are enrolling by post you must include a photocopy.
- Job Seekers Allowance – letter from benefits agency dated within 6 weeks or recent bank statement (JSA booklet not acceptable)
- Employment & Support Allowance – a recent letter from benefits agency dated within 6 weeks or recent bank statement.
- Working Tax Credits (household income of less than £15276) – copy of current award
- Council Tax Benefit – recent letter (exemptions and discounts are not classified as council tax benefit)
- Other income based benefit – evidence dated within 3 months or recent bank statement.
- Pension Guarantee Credit – full award certificate dated within 6 months
- Retired and in receipt of state pension – recent benefit letter, bank statement
- Full time students – current NUS card
- Disability Living Allowance – recent benefit letter, bank statement
You will need to provide recent evidence when you enrol.
|Funding streams:||Swarthmore leisure courses||Courses funded by the SFA or LCC||Courses funded by the SFA|
|Concessions are allowed for the following personal circumstances||Course code without a prefix||Course code prefixed by L or N||Course codes prefixed by F|
|Unemployed people inreceipt of:
|Those in receipt of the following benefits:
||A||A||You may be entitled to a concession if you are looking for work. This is subject to funding rules. Please ask for info at your interview.|
|Full time students||R||none||R|
|Aged 16 – 18||none||Not eligible if born before 1/8/1994||D|
|Learners (aged 19–23) studying towards their first full level 2 qualification.||none||none||This is subject to funding rules|
£8. All courses require this membership fee except day workshops and weekend courses.
How Can I Pay?
- By Cash
- By Credit Card
- By Switch
- By Postal Order
- By Cheque – payable to Swarthmore Centre with a cheque card number and expiry date on the back
Refunds Policy and Cancellations
If you wish to cancel your place on a course, refunds can be made as follows:
- Cancel prior to the start of the course – minimum of 7 days notice: full refund including membership fee.
- Cancel less than 7 days notice – refund of course fees only – no membership fee refunded.
- Cancel after the first session and within 2 working days of the course start date – refund of course fees only less cost of one session – no membership fee refunded.
- Cancel later than 3 working days after the course start date – no refund.
One Day and Weekend Workshops
- Minimum of 7 day’s notice: full refund.
- Less than 7 day’s notice: no refund.
NB different conditions apply to counselling courses